Today's DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are fantastic aren't they?
The great thing is... they have an enormous number of features and settings
The problem is.........they have an enormous number of features and settings!!
And it is a problem, because although there are some real hidden gems amongst all those features, they can seem confusing or intimidating, and so a lot of photographers simply ignore or shy away from them (you know who you are!!)
This course, aimed at beginner and intermediate photographers, covers DSLR and Mirrorless basic settings, but also explains your camera's more advanced features and settings. You probably already know about some of these settings but not entirely sure how and when to use them, and there may even be some that you're not even aware of!
● Watch photos being taken and compared using different settings
● Real life examples filmed in the real world
● Clear, concise and effective photography training that works
● See immediate improvements in your photos
● Easy to follow and understand, with a fun teaching style
● All boring bits removed (well, most of them anyway!)
Although you can see the full list of videos here, here are just some of the topics covered in this course, new ones will be added over the next few months:-
● Learn about the Exposure Triangle
● Understand the difference between exposure modes, Aperture / Shutter Speed priority etc..
● Learn when and how to use Exposure Compensation
● Tips for getting tack sharp images of stationary subjects
● Learn about White Balance and how to get better colours
More advanced settings:-
● Understand depth-of-field and give your images that wow factor
● When and how to use the Evaluative, Spot and Center Weighted Metering, and which is best?
● How to take sharp images of moving subjects
● 'Back Button' focusing
● Understanding Histograms
● What's the difference between Full Auto and the 'P' mode?
● Understand the advantages of full Manual exposure mode
● Learn about Auto ISO and an exciting new exposure mode.
● RAW vs JPG, which is best, and which one should you be using?
● Exposure bracketing
... and more
Real World Settings:-
● Best settings for photographing inside a church or cathedral
● Best settings for natural light portraiture
● Landscapes images with settings used
● Learn the best basic flash settings to use
● When and how to use fill flash?
● Understand your flash max sync speed with this great shutter animation.
● Flash 'High Speed Sync', learn how this incredible feature can help you.
Chock full of valuable tips and insights
This is the second course I've taken from Bernie and they're both excellent for beginners who want to get up and running quickly in photography. It offers an excellent compilation of valuable tips and approaches presented in a straight forward, easy to digest manner, that will allow you to move from snapshots to photographs in the shortest time possible. It is even very good for folks who have been actively engaged in photography for a number of years and want to see how a professional approaches a variety of different situations. I guarantee that you will go over this course again and again as you progress and each time you do you'll get more and more out of it. Thank you Bernie.
Chock full of valuable tips and insights
I have watched both Bernie's courses, and found both of them interesting, informative and even entertaining.
In his funny, quirky way, Bernie explains some of the more complex or sophisticated ways of photo taking, but as usual he is able to do so in a simple way not to confuse the listener.
I have enjoyed this course, but it is geared towards beginners in photography.
The next Level
This course has given me a better understanding of how the advanced settings give you the flexible control to better Photography The Exposure Triangle. Depth of Field. Aperture Settings. and so on are a compilation of settings required to take you to the next level along with the knowledge that you can use those settings to achieve the results you want next time you pick up your camera.
A great deal of thought went in to delivering,explaining producing this excellent course.
Congratulations Bernie well done, and more of the same please