- Shutters open and close just like window shutters
- Shutter speed controls the duration of light entering the camera.
- Shutter speeds are set in fractions of a second
- Each major shutter speed is known as a 'stop'
- Aperture or Shutter Speed priority - which one should you use?
Flash photography tips - has this ever happened to you? You take a portrait using your built-in or external flash, but the photo is too bright or too dark, like the slightly over-exposed couple and [...]
What is shutter speed Shutter speed is a common term used to discuss exposure time, the effective length of time a camera's shutter is open. You can think of the shutter in your camera as [...]
The exposure triangle explains how the individual aspects of exposure, i.e aperture, shutter speed and ISO, affect the final exposure of the photo. It's a useful way of describing the relationship between the three aspects [...]
As well as the fully automatic green Auto mode, all DSLR's have several other very useful exposure modes. Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority Modes are two of the most popular semi-automatic modes. But what many [...]