- Apertures are in the lens, not in the camera
- Camera Lens apertures control the amount of light entering the camera.
- Numbers prefixed with letter 'F' are used to set aperture size
- Each major 'F' number is known as a 'stop'
- Aperture or Shutter Speed priority - which one should you use?
The exposure triangle explains how the individual aspects of exposure, i.e aperture, shutter speed and ISO, affect the final exposure of the photo. It's a useful way of describing the relationship between the three aspects [...]
As well as the fully automatic green Auto mode, all DSLR's have several other very useful exposure modes. Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority Modes are two of the most popular semi-automatic modes. But what many [...]